Barbados is one of the most Southern islands of the Caribbean. It is surrounded by crystal clear water, lined with beautiful beaches and home to the original rum punch. If you want to feel like Badgal Riri, book your tickets now.
For the past three years, my family and family friends have taken trips together during the holidays. This year was very special. We celebrated an engagement, a birthday and another year together. You may think that a group of 20 people coming together could be hectic but it is the best time ever. We dance until our feet hurt, sing until our throats are sore and laugh until our bellies ache. It is one thing all of us look forward to all year long.
This year, we spent 17 days at the Cove Spring House on the North-Eastern side of the island. With a full staff and private beach, we felt like Rihanna in no time. Here is everything you should do while visiting the Island:
- Book a snorkeling tour with Seaduced Boats to see beautiful turtles and swim around shipwrecks
- Attend a fish fry at Uncle George Fish Net to try traditional Barbadian food. (Hot Sauce people, hot sauce.)
- Grab a rum punch at Red Door Lounge off of second street
- Sign up for the Mount Gay Rum Tour. If you go with a large group of people, ask about the specialty cocktail competition
- Explore Harrison’s Cave
- If you are visiting over the holidays, do New Years at The Cliff
- Make sure to book a sunset cruise