The Luck of the Irish
Ireland has been on our family bucket list for a long time and luckily we were able to squeeze it in at the end of our trip. With this being one of the final destinations on my trip, I was exhausted. I slept for most of the time in the car and only enjoyed one night of the Irish night life. What I learned in Ireland was that the cities are small, somewhat harsh but welcoming. While the countryside will take your breath away with it’s lush mountains, crumbling castles and herds of sheep. We were swept away by the beauty of the Irish tongue and sang Galway Girl on repeat through our entire road trip. If you are planning a trip to Ireland, here are a few of my favorite spots we took on our trip:
So You Wanna Be A Galway Girl?
- Drive to the Blarney Castle and kiss the Blarney stone.
- Stop and stroll around Kenmare. It is a cute and quaint town with a prehistoric stone circle and be sure to eat at Jam. Order the sweet potato soup, it is delicious.
- Drive The Ring of Kerry and national park.
- Visit Bunratty Castle. There is a little village to take you back in time. Sing with the women making apple pies, they love a good Galway Girl and then stop in the fairy village and cast your wish.
- Go climb the Cliffs of Moher.
- Eat at the Little Gentian Cafe in Kinvara and order the carrot, curry, turnip soup.
- Stay at the Morrison in Dublin. Walk across the bridge and go out to The Temple Bar, The Norseman and Fitzsimons bar to hear live music and enjoy a few beers. You may even be lucky to sing along to Galway Girl.
- Visit Newgrange. It is a stone formation older than stone hedge and human made.
- Do the Guinness tour and remember, there is beer and there is Guinness.
- Eat at Diwali.
- Finish the night by grabbing a drink at Idle Wild and the Market Bar.
Check out our family trip through southern Ireland….